Sunwing Travel Group and Marriott International, Inc. have put together a blockbuster deal that sees Marriott significantly expanding its all-inclusive portfolio through a long-term agreement with Sunwing Travel Group’s hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts, which has an extensive portfolio of resort properties throughout the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico.
The deal aligns the fastest growing hotel company in the Caribbean with the world’s largest hotel chain, providing even more travellers with Royalton’s signature All-In Luxury vacation concept and Planet Hollywood’s entertainment-themed experiences.
Stephen Hunter, CEO, Sunwing Travel Group, said: “We are thrilled to join forces with Marriott International and introduce our portfolio of world-class resorts, including Royalton and Planet Hollywood, to their Autograph Collection.”
Hunter pointed out that: “Marriott’s prestigious reputation and esteemed travel program will further elevate our award-winning hotels, while supporting Marriott’s expansion into the all-inclusive category, ultimately allowing us to make even more travellers’ vacation dreams come true.”
Tony Capuano, Group President, Global Development, Design and Operations Services, Marriott International, is quick to point out that the agreement with the Sunwing Travel Group allows it to expand into two new leisure destinations – St. Lucia and Antigua.
Said Capuano: “Blue Diamond’s expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio. Today’s signing is a testament to Marriott International’s scale and loyalty platform, and we look forward to providing travellers seeking an all-inclusive experience with more choices in the Caribbean and Latin America.”
The agreement is expected to propel Marriott into the list of top 10 global all-inclusive players with the addition of 19 Blue Diamond Resorts’ properties to Marriott International’s Autograph Collection by mid-2021.
The 19 franchised resorts total nearly 7,000 rooms across six destinations and more than doubling the company’s presence in the all-inclusive segment to 33 properties by 2025.
The Autograph Collection brand features a curated selection of some of the world’s top hotels and resorts, bolstering the award-winning Blue Diamond Resorts brand while maintaining the consistent high level of service that guests are accustomed to.
Sunwing Travel Group will now benefit from Marriott’s worldwide distribution and partnership agreements in addition to Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott International’s loyalty program, which is comprised of over 145 million members across the globe. As part of this, Marriott Bonvoy members will be able to earn and redeem points on all-inclusive vacation experiences.
The agreement includes the following resorts:
- Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun (Autograph Collection)
- Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun (Autograph Collection)
- Planet Hollywood Adult Scene Cancun (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Splash Punta Cana Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton CHIC Punta Cana Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino (Autograph Collection)
- *Hideaway at Royalton Punta Cana (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Negril Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Hideaway at Royalton Negril (Autograph Collection)
- Grand Lido Negril Au-Naturel All-Suites Resort (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton White Sands Montego Bay (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Blue Waters Montego Bay (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)
- Hideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia (Autograph Collection)
- Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica (Autograph Collection)
- Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa (Autograph Collection)